|Phone:||+27 72 303 9140
|Address:||Gps Coordinates Parys Airfield: 26 53 08 S & 27 30 20 E|
Skydive Parys - Tandem Skydiving in Parys, Free State, South Africa
Skydive Parys invites you to experience an exhilarating safe tandem skydive with our highly professional qualified tandem masters. Skydive Parys, South Africa’s undoubtedly most scenic inland skydiving venue is situated in the heart of the Vrederfort Dome, a World heritage site at South Africa’s adventure capital, Parys. The Drop Zone is surrounded by the Famous Vrederfort Dome World Heritage site and the very spectacular Vaal River system.
Skydive Parys is located at the Parys Airfield. The Parys Airfield is less than 5km from the charming little town of Parys. The Parys Airfield is an aviation hub offering Skydivers and Spectators the chance to relax and enjoy the wonderful world of aviation.
Our team of highly professional and qualified Tandem Master’s will take you from 0-200km/h, for a unforgettable freefall experience, and at a safe altitude the tandem master will deploy the parachute for a 5-7 minute canopy flight, to the Drop Zone on the banks of the Vaal River. No previous experience in Skydiving needed. Tandem Skydiving is undoubtedly the safest way to experience Skydiving for the first time.
- The Tandem Skydive experience begins with a 15 minute detailed briefing. This covers all aspects of the Skydive and the parachute system, the aircraft exit, the freefall body position, the parachute flight, and the parachute landing.
- Each person is fitted with a specifically designed tandem harness, jump pants and goggles and is assigned to a Tandem Master.
- The climb to altitude takes approximately 15 minutes.
- Attached to a highly experienced Tandem Master, you will exit the aircraft and enter the world of freefall.
- At the safe and predetermined altitude the Tandem Master will deploy the Main Parachute.
- You will now under the guidance of the Tandem Master be offered a chance to fly the parachute. The tandem master will perform the parachute landing.
- Each person’s entire experience is professionally filmed, photographed, edited and provided on CD/DVD. (Only applicable to certain packages)
- Each person receives a prestigious certificate of achievement.
Participation in skydiving activities and all related aviation elements with / at Skydive Parys is entirely at the participants own risk. Each participant is required to read, understand, complete and sign a legally binding exclusion of liability, indemnity form, medical questionnaire and declaration, and must assume full responsibility for themselves, and for decisions regarding their safety.
Sports skydivers are welcome 7 days a week at Skydive Parys subject to aircraft and lift capacity on the day - pre-manifest is essential to ensure that your requirements are met. All sport skydivers must be members of the Parachute association of South Africa and must be holders of a PASA A licence.
There will be a selection of skydiving equipment to hire at the DZ but sports skydivers are required to be self-sufficient with their own gear. Packers of sports equipment may be arranged on selected days but we urge you to acquire this essential skill in your sport and pack for yourself.
While altitude is never guaranteed, Sport skydivers can expect a minimum drop altitude of 10000ft AGL from our “Apollo T” turbine aircraft, which is fitted with an in flight door as well as skydivers step, handles, comfortable floor mat and other skydiver friendly accessories. During busy periods and on selected weekends we will also be operating suitable turbine aircraft to meet demands of both our Tandem customers and sport skydivers. (When we need extra lift capacity an Atlas Angel will be utilised, drop altitude 10 000ft AGL)
On arrival at Skydive Parys you will be required to complete a comprehensive indemnity and provide your logbook, PASA card and skydiving equipment for inspection. DZ orientation will follow prior to your jumps.
Please contact Steven at Skydive Parys directly for bookings and enquiries.
Gps Coordinates: 26°54’04”S | 27°23’20”E